Apple has just pushed its latest firmware update for iDevices, iOS 5.1.1. This update has several bug fixes, however, pod2g hasn’t yet commented on whether or not it breaks his iOS 5.1 untethered jailbreak (He hasn’t released this jailbreak yet, but still, better safe than sorry).
Non-A5 devices will be able to jailbreak their devices, however this jailbreak is still tethered. iPad 2/3 and iPhone 4S users who are hoping for a jailbreak should absolutely STAY AWAY FROM THIS UPDATE! (At least until we hear from pod2g on whether or not ios 5.1.1 breaks his untethered jailbreak).
Here are the fixes that iOS 5.1.1 brings regarding this update as released by Apple:
• Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
• Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
• Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
• Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
• Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
For those of you who still wish to update, here are the direct download links:
• iPhone 3GS
• iPhone 4 GSM
• iPhone 4 CDMA
• iPhone 4S
• iPad 2 (also iPad 2 AT&T and iPad 2 Verizon)
• iPod touch third-generation
• iPod touch fourth-generation
• iPad 2,4
• iPad 3
• iPad 3,2 (AT&T)
• iPad 3,3 (Verizon)
Stay tuned for more as it happens!