For all the patient iPad 2 users, today is your lucky day! Make sure you are running iOS 4.3.3 on your iPad 2 and navigate to http://www.jailbreakme.com and set your iPad 2 free!
Here are some notes and issues that users have already reported. Make sure you read them before starting the jailbreak process.
After weeks of waiting and talking wrong ETAs, Comex has finally released JailbreakMe 3.0 to give your iPad 2 a simple and easy jailbreak. JailbreakMe 3.0 is the first untethered jailbreak for iPad 2 since it was released. Some users are experiencing some problems, issues, bugs with JailbreakMe 3.0 so we’ve made this post to cover everything related to JailbreakMe 3.0.
What’s JailbreakMe & How Does It Work?
In case you’re new to the jailbreak world, you must know these things. JailbreakMe 3.0 is a PDF exploit just like its previous version Jailbreak Me 2.0. It decreases the time you need to jailbreak your device. Unlike Redsn0w, Greenpois0n, Sn0wbreeze and PwnageToool, JailbreakMe is a userland jailbreak tool (which means that you don’t need to connect your iOS device to your computer to use it, just from Safari browser). By taking advantage of a PDF exploit in Mobile Safari, it can execute code straight from your phone, jailbreak it and install Cydia.
JailbreakMe 3.0 will only work on this devices:
- iPad 1: 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPad 2: 4.3.3
- iPhone 3GS: 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPhone 4: 4.3 to 4.3.3
- iPhone 4 CDMA: 4.2.6 to 4.2.8
- iPod touch 3g: 4.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.3
- iPod touch 4g: 4.3 to 4.3.3
Why Should I Save SHSH Blobs of iOS 4.3.3?
That’s a good question. You’ve to save SHSH blobs of iOS 4.3.3 right now because Apple is about to release iOS 4.3.4 to fix JailbreakMe 3.0 exploit and you may update to it by mistake. In case that happens, you’ll be in a safe area since you have your SHSH blobs saved. You can always restore to a specific iOS using SHSH blobs of it which Apple prevents. So go use TinyUmbrella (from here) to save iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs now.
iPad 2 problems:
Yes, there’s of course some problems with the iPad 2. Every positive must have a minus. You can’t save SHSH blobs for iPad 2G since since it has a baseband that runs a different firmware from iOS. iTunes will not be able to sign your baseband and it’ll refuse to boot and give you a 1004 error. The sad thing about JailbreakMe is it’s not a bootrom exploit on the A5 bootrom. To sum it up, SHSH blobs for iPad 2G will be useless as you’ll not be able to restore back to iOS 4.3.3. JUST STAY AWAY FROM iOS 4.3.4.
- Your Device is connected to Wi-Fi connection or 3G. But it’s recommended to be connected via Wi-Fi as it still have some problems with 3G connection.
- It’s recommended you restore your iOS device to iOS 4.3.3 (links here) especially for iPad 2 which will not work except it’s on iOS 4.3.3.
- It’s strongly recommended that you restore your iOS device as a new device. Just sync your new applications, music, videos, images, notes and contacts (on Windows, make sure you have Outlook installed) via the iTunes software following the restoration.
- For iPhone users, make sure you have your original SIM card before restoring since you have to activate your iPhone via iTunes.
- To avoid problems, before you jailbreak your iOS device, go to Settings then Safari and Disable “Block pop-up” then empty your cache, history and etc.
- Also make sure that you disable Auto Lock function from Settings then General.
- It’s possible that you can’t access JailbreakMe.com since the DNS server is overloaded. Just hold on, wait then try again after few minutes.
- PLEASE don’t update to iOS 4.3.4 when it’s released. It will kill your jailbreak.
- JailbreakMe 2.0 is still here. It’s compatible with all iOS devices iPad 3.2.1 and iPhone 4.0. You can access it by navigating your browser to http://www.jailbreakme.com/star
- It’s recommended to install “PDF Patcher 2″ from Cydia as shown below:
Take in consider that Comex will update JailbreakMe 3.0 to fix more bugs and add support for older devices. He was in hurry to release JailbreakMe 3.0 before Apple release iOS 4.3.4 so he released it with iOS 4.3.3 only support.